Dedicated in 1885, the Enoch Brown Park was the site of the Enoch Brown School massacre that took place on July 26, 1764 during the Pontiac Wars. A common grave and monument mark the site of this tragic historical event where eleven school children and their teacher were attacked by Indians. There was only one survivor, a student, Archie McCullough. For more history surrounding this event the Antrim Allison Museum makes available online a copy of an address by Gerald Cump. This address was presented at the opening of the 1992 Greencastle Old Home Week where the Enoch Brown Park was commemorated as part of those celebrations and it gives a thorough account of the parks history and the massacre.
The park was formerly under the ownership of the Enoch Brown Park and Monument Association. In 1989 the association requested assistance with care and maintenance of the park from Antrim Township and one and a half years later the Township assumed control. This serene park pays homage to the innocent lives lost in the massacre and it is now a peaceful location, ideal for picnics, family gatherings and educational visits.
For directions to the Enoch Brown Park connect here: Google Maps