2018 Park Grant Application period closed.
The Antrim Township Board of Supervisors awarded grants of $40,000.00 under the Park Facilities Grant Program. The Township accepted applications for the 2018 Grant Program through March 16, 2018. Any non-profit park or recreational organization that is open to the general public in the Greencastle-Antrim Community serving citizens of Antrim Township were eligible to apply for funding. In addition to the $40,000 allocation, three Ruritan clubs located in Antrim Township (Shady Grove, State Line and Kauffman) were allotted $5,000 each for improvements at their facilities.
Applications and program guidelines that must be followed may be obtained at the Antrim Township Municipal Office, 10655 Antrim Church Road, Greencastle, PA Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Program guidelines are available on our website at www.twp.antrim.pa.us or by calling 717-597-3818, ext. 122.
The Antrim Township Park Committee reviews all applications and makes recommendations to the Antrim Township Board of Supervisors. Organizations receiving grants must utilize funds and provide receipts verifying approved expenditures to Antrim Township for audit by November 2, 2018. Please check with the township next January for the 2019 grant application period.
Antrim Township Park Facilities Grant Program
Antrim Township through its appointed Park Committee has set aside funding for the expansion and development of Park Facilities within the Community. Any formally organized entity that currently has facilities within the Community and makes or agrees to make those facilities available to the general public is eligible to apply for funding. The Antrim Park Committee will review all applications and make recommendations. The Township Board of Supervisors will make the final decisions on all applications.
- Grantees shall make Park Facilities available to the general public.
- Grantees must, when possible, agree to adhere to provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Grantees shall submit an annual report with supporting documentation via paid invoices of how monies were used by a determined date in November of the year in which grants are awarded.
- Grantees shall not discriminate in terms of club membership, employment or awarding of contracts based on race, color, religion, sex,national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status. Grantees must certify that all volunteers comply with any and all Pennsylvania laws concerning volunteers being required to have background checks to have contact with children. Specifically complying with background check requirements as set forth in Pa.C.S. 6344.2.
- Grantees shall provide proof of Liability Insurance.
- Grantees agree to hold the township harmless for any injuries which occur on facilities purchased by grant monies.
- Applicants may be asked to provide additional information as the committee warrants.
- Committee may request an on-site meeting with applicants.
- Any grantees requesting money shall use that money for a public park, playground, playfield, gymnasium, swimming pool and/or recreation center or recreational program.
- Monies may be spent on land and/or facilities acquisition and/or development; program administration; and purchase of park equipment.
- Grant monies will be dispersed in May of the present calendar year following approval of grantee’s application
- Should grant monies exceed the actual project costs as outlined on the Cost Estimate section of the Grant Application, excess monies shall be returned to the Township by November (specific date on application) of the year in which grants are awarded.
- Any grantee in violation of these guidelines is subject to forfeiture of the grant monies.
- The Antrim Township Board of Supervisors reserves the right to not grant money to an organization even if said organization meets all the criteria for eligibility.