Sanitary Sewer Construction Specifications, revised 1-19-04
Additional Details for Sanitary Sewer Construction Specifications
The standard ATMA plan notes are as follows and shall be listed on all subdivision and land development plans:
ANTRIM TOWNSHIP MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY NOTES
1. ALL SANITARY SEWER CONSTRUCTION SHALL BE PERFORMED TO THE ATMA SEWER CONSTRUCTION SPECIFICATIONS IN PLACE AT THE ACTUAL TIME OF CONSTRUCTION.
2. FOR SANITARY SEWER MAINS AND LATERALS LOCATED IN FILL AREAS, THE SOIL SHALL BE COMPACTED IN 8” LIFTS. THE LIFTS SHALL BE COMPLETED FOR THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF MAIN AND LATERAL IN THE FILL AREA AND SHALL NOT BE LEFT EXPOSED FOR ANY EXTENDED PERIOD DF TIME. THE AUTHORITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUIRE COMPACTION TESTNG IF IT DEEMS THE COMPACTION INSUFICIENT.
3. ALL NON-RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY MUST INSTALL A WATER METER ON ALL WATER SOURCES.
4. ALL NON-RESIDENTIAL USERS MUST CONFORM TO THE ANTRIM TOWNSHIP ORDINANCE REGARDING \"PRE-TREATMENT\" OF SEWAGE DISCHARGE.
5. THE ATMA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVIEW THE EDU CALCULATIONS FOR ANY LOT WHICH IS FOR NON-RESIDENTIAL USE AND MAKE THE NECESSARY ADJUSTMENTS TO THE NUMBER OF EDUs ASSIGNED FOR THE PURPOSE OF DETERMINING THE CORRECT CAPACITY UTILIZED BY THE PROPERTY OF THE ATMA WASTEWATER TREATMENT FACILITY. THIS REVIEW WILL BE COMPLETED EVERY TWO YEARS AFTER THE DATE OF FINAL BOARD OF SUPERVISORS APPROVAL OF THE LAND DEVELOPMENT PLAN, UPON COMMENCING OPERATIONS. THE EDU CALCULATION WILL BE BASED ON THE ADDITIONAL FLOWS FOR, THE WATER METER READINGS TAKEN FOR THE PROPERTY. THE APPLICANT AGREES THAT THE EDU CALCULATION SHALL EE BASED ON THE FLOWS FROM THE 13TH TO 24TH MONTHS FOLLOWING INSTALLATION OF THE WATER METER, FOR WHICH DATA IS AVAILABLE.
6. THE ATMA SANITARY SEWER RIGHTS OF WAY MAY BE PLANTED IN LAWN AND SMALL SHRUBS (LESS THAN 5 FEET TALL AT MATURITY) OR MAY BE USED FOR NORMAL AGRICULTURAL PURPOSES. HOWEVER, SHRUBS ARE NOT ALLOWED WITHIN S FEET ON EACH SIDE OF THE PIPELINE. FURTHERMORE, THE PLANTING OF LARGE SHRUBBERY OR TREES WITHIN THE RIGHTS OF WAY IS PROHIBITED.
7. ANY BLASTING PROPOSED WITHIN 300 FEET OF ATMA RIGHTS OF WAY AND FACILITIES MUST HAVE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT FROM THE AUTHORITY.
8. THE OWNER GRANTS THE RIGHT TO ATMA TO ACCESS THE PROPERTY FOR THE PURPOSE OF COLLECTING SAMPLE5 FROM THE WASTE STREAM AT BOTH OF THE INSPECTION MANHOLE LOCATIONS AND THE RIGHT TO ACCESS AND PROVIDE MAINTENANCE IF NECESSARY ON ANY GRINDER PUMP INSTALLATION, AS APPLICABLE.
9. THE OWNER SHALL ENTER INTO THE REQUIRED SEWER SERVICE CONNECTION AGREEMENT WITH ATMA.
10. THE CONTRACTOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING AS BUILT RECORDS DURING CONSTRUCTION PER THE ATMA STANDARD SEWER SPECIFICATIONS REGARDING COORDINATE LOCATION AND ELEVATION. THIS INFORMATION MUST BE SAVED IN DIGITAL FORMAT TD BE PROVIDED TO ATMA UPON COMPLETION OF THE PROJECT. HORIZONTAL LOCATION COORDINATES SHALL BE IN THE PA STATE PLANE NAD 83 SOUTH ZONE. COPIES OF THE AS BUILT ARE TO BE PROVIDED WITH CHANGES SHOWN IN RED INK TO THE ENGINEER FOR FINAL REVIEW AND APPROVAL PRIOR TD SUBMITTING TO ATMA.
11. ATMA INSPECTOR MUST BE PRESENT FOR THE TAPPING SLEEVE/C0LLAR INSTALLATION AT THE TIE IN LOCATION ON THE EXISTING SEWER LINE.
12. ATMA INSPECTIONS AMD TESTING WILL BE PER THE ATMA SANITARY SEWER CONSTRUCTION SPECIFICATIONS.
13. ALL MATERIALS MUST CONFORM TO ASTM OR CURRENT ATMA SPECIFICATIONS AS SPECIFIED ON THE DRAWINGS.
14. THE CONTRACTOR MUST PROVIDE ALL EQUIPMENT NECESSARY FOR THE PROPER TESTING OF ALL NEW FACILITIES AS REQUIRED BY ATMA.
15. ALL PROPOSED PUBLIC SEWER/WATER INFRASTRUCTURE SHALL BE OFFERED, ALONG WITH DEED OF DEDICATION AND AS-BUILT DRAWING, AS REFERENCED IN THE ANTRIM TOWNSHIP MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY SEWER CONSTRUCTION SPECIFICATIONS, FOR DEDICATION TO THE ANTRIM TOWNSHIP MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY UPON COMPLETION OF CONSTRUCTION.
16. SEWER LINES ARE REQUIRED TO BE TELEVISED.
17. NO SEWER PERMITS SHALL BE OBTAINED AND NO SEWER TAPS SOLD UNTIL THE SEWER LINES ARE OFFERED FOR DEDICATION AND ACCEPTED BY THE ATMA.
The following ATMA Facilities agreement shall be executed for all development plans:
Antrim Township Municipal authority Sewer and water
THIS AGREEMENT, made and entered into this __________ day of ___________________, _____________, by and between ____________________ (herein called \"Developer\"), and the Antrim Township Municipal Authority, a municipal Authority organized and existing under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, having its principal office at __________________ (herein called \"Authority\").
WHEREAS, Authority owns municipal sewer and water facilities (\"Facilities\" herein) within the Township of Antrim; and
WHEREAS, Developer desires to install _________________ in the Township and to connect the same to the Authority’s Facilities; and
WHEREAS, Authority is willing to permit the installation of __________________ and a connection to the Authority’s Facilities subject to compliance by the Developer with the Authority’s policies, rules, regulations, standards, and specifications.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the promises, terms and conditions of this Agreement set forth below and intending to be legally bound hereby, the parties agree as follows:
- Developer agrees to furnish to Authority the Developer’s complete and accurate development plans and right-of-way surveys and easements to show the following items: (a) location of buildings, roads, streets and other land-use facilities; (b) location of existing utilities; (c) proposed easements and rights-of-way in connection with the installation of ______________________; and (d) such other details of the project as may influence the design and/or construction of the __________________.
- Developer agrees to establish a final rough grade on all roads, streets, easements and rights-of-way within which the _____________ is to be installed.
- Developer will post an initial escrow in the amount of ___________________________ with the Authority in an account to be used by the Authority to apply against the plan review, supervision of final stakeout, inspection of the ___________________________, testing of the ___________________________, review of as constructed drawings, and any legal or engineering expenses (including expenses relating to the preparation of this Agreement) that the Authority may incur in the furtherance of the design, installation or dedication to the Authority of the proposed ___________________________. In the event said sum deposited is insufficient to pay such costs, Developer shall supplement said escrow if necessary. In the event said sum deposited is in excess of such costs, Authority shall refund such excess money to Developer upon completion of the work. Authority has been irrevocably authorized to withdraw from time to time any money deposited by Developer in escrow in order to pay expenses and fees, including legal and engineering costs, incurred by Authority pursuant to this Agreement.
- Developer has obtained or will obtain the approval of the sewage planning module for land development from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (\"DEP\").
- Developer may install the ___________________________ with its own workforce; provided, however, the work shall not be undertaken intermittently but shall be rapidly prosecuted to completion within ___________________________ of commencement of construction, said time being of the essence. Developer or their contractors shall obtain and maintain in force liability insurance at all times during installation of the ___________________________. The minimum limits and coverage of such insurance shall be approved by the Authority and any policy or policies shall name the Authority, its agents, servants and employees as additional insureds.
- All construction of ___________________________, by Developer shall be completed in strict conformity to Authority’s plans and specifications which are on file in the office of the Authority located at ___________________________ and which are incorporated by reference thereto.
- At the completion of the project, Developer’s engineer will finalize contract drawings to record the project as actually constructed (\"as-built drawings\"), and Authority’s engineer will make a final inspection of the entire project, prepare the necessary closing documents, and, if the work is satisfactory, recommend the project be accepted by the Authority. Developer will video the lines at the completion of the Project, which video results must be acceptable to the Authority prior to acceptance of the Project by the Authority. Developer will provide the Authority with as-built drawings in hard and electronic form (CAD – Auto CAD 2011.) State Plane 83 South is required for incorporation into ESRI.
- Authority agrees to accept the said ___________________________ improvements within the rights-of-way and appurtences upon completion provided: (a) location plans and specifications for said ___________________________ have been approved by Authority’s engineer prior to the start of construction; (b) approval grades and locations has been obtained from all appropriate governmental bodies; (c) said ___________________________ have been constructed in accordance with the aforesaid plans and specifications which are to be approved by the engineer for the Authority prior to the beginning of the construction hereof; (c) inspection by the Authority’s engineer and/or designated representative is permitted during the entire course of construction, during which Developer shall comply with reasonable requirements of said engineers and to advance notice of time when the inspection is to be made. Authority’s inspector shall be entitled to reasonable use of contractor’s temporary trailer and facilities during inspections; and (e) Developer agrees to hold a preconstruction meeting at which meeting the Authority’s representative will be present. Developer also agrees to hold additional meetings during construction if the Authority deems necessary.
- Developer shall provide the Authority with financial security acceptable to Authority in the amount of 110% of a cost estimate to be prepared at a later date to guarantee the satisfactory completion of ___________________________ set forth in the estimate that has been reviewed and approved by the Authority’s engineer.
- Developer shall guarantee the correction of all defective work and material discovered during a period of 18 months from the date of acceptance of the _______________________. All ___________________________ shall be tested by Developer under supervision of the Authority’s engineer or employees 18 months following acceptance, and developer shall correct any defective work and material discovered during such inspection at their sole expense. In order to guarantee the functioning of the ___________________________ and to secure the structural integrity of the ___________________________ in accordance with the approved design and specifications and the Authority’s rules and regulations during said 18 month period, the Developer shall post security which shall not exceed 15% of the actual cost of installation of the ___________________________.
- Developer shall post security with the Authority in an amount agreeable to the Authority to secure damage and repair to facilities below and above ground, i.e. manhole lids, water valve boxes, fire hydrants, etc. during the time period between dedication and acceptance of the ___________________________ by the Authority and dedication and acceptance of the streets and roads by Antrim Township.
- Prior to and as a condition precedent to the Authority’s final acceptance of the ___________________________, Developer shall transfer and dedicate to the Authority full and absolute ownership, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances, all __________________, as required to be constructed in the construction plans and specifications, and all easements and rights-of-way through, in or on private property for ingress, egress, maintenance, repair and replacement of the constructed Facilities, all of which shall be subject to approval of the Authority’s professional consultants and in accordance with approved plans.
- It is understood by the parties hereto that the title to the before mentioned ___________________________ shall be and remain with the Developer until such time as said ___________________________ are accepted by the Authority and Developer shall be responsible for all maintenance and repair of the ___________________________ until the same are accepted by the Authority.
- Developer agrees that upon Authority’s acceptance of said ___________________________, title to said ___________________________, together with the appurtences thereto, shall be and remain at all times with the Authority, its successors and assigns
- Developer agrees to secure a permit from the Authority prior to commencing construction of the ___________________________. Developer will pay the appropriate ______________________ to the Authority. A copy of the Authority’s ___________________________, as amended, is on file at the office of the Authority and is incorporated by reference herein.
- The Authority, its agents, servants and employees shall have no responsibility or liability with regard to the design and/or installation of the ___________________________ which are the subject of this Agreement, and Developer shall indemnify and hold harmless Authority, its agents, servants and employees from any claims or damages arising therefrom.
- This Agreement relates to the final land development plan for the ___________________________, which is pending approval by the Township.
- There shall be no sewer or water connection permits issued until all Facilities have been dedicated to the Authority and accepted by the Authority.
- This Agreement shall be recorded at the Recorder of Deeds in and for Franklin County.
- This Agreement shall not be modified except by the mutual written consent of the parties hereto.
- This Agreement shall bind and inure to the benefit of the respective successors and assigns of the parties hereto.
- This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have caused this agreement to be duly executed the date above written.
ATTEST: ANTRIM TOWNSHIP
STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA
COUNTY OF FRANKLIN
On this, the _________ day of _____________________ , 20____, before me, the undersigned Officer, personally appeared ____________________________________, who acknowledged _______self to be _______________________ of ________________________________________ being the __________________________________________ and that ___he as such _____________________________, being authorized to do so, executed the foregoing instrument for the purpose therein contained by signing the name of the company by _______self as ________________________________.
In witness whereof, I hereunto set my hand and official seal.
STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA
COUNTY OF FRANKLIN
On this, the ________ day of ______________________, 20_____, before me, the undersigned Officer, personally appeared ________________________________, who acknowledged himself to be the Chairman of the Antrim Township Municipal Authority, a municipal corporation, and that as such officer, being authorized to do so, executed the foregoing instrument for the purposes therein contained by Signing the name of the Authority by himself as Chairman.
In witness whereof, I hereunto set my hand and official seal.
Water Construction Specifications, revised 1-19-04